- New products and brand management
- Data driven and digital marketing
- Digital Marketing and Branding
- Digital Business (Executive MBA)
- Innovation Management
- Marketing Management
- Associate Professor, Marketing Academic Area, Rennes School of Business (September 2017 – Present)
- Assistant Professor, Marketing Academic Area, Rennes School of Business (December 2011 – August 2017)
- Digital and Interactive Marketing and Branding
- Online Communities for Innovation and Gaining Branding Insights
- Predicting Marketing Performance and Market Trends Using Technologies
- New Product Development and New Product Preannouncements
- User and Open Innovation
- Ph.D. School of Business, Aarhus Univ., Denmark (2011)
- Level II Specialization Master in e-Business and ICT for Management, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy (2007)
- M.B.A specialized in Marketing and HRM, Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University, UK (2005)
Basic or Discovery Scholarship
- Divakaran, P.K.P and Xiong, J (2022). Eliciting Brand Association Networks: A New Method using Online Community Data. Technological Forecasting & Social Change (accepted). RSB ‘B’ ranked journal (3*** ABS/ 2** FNEGE/2** CNRS Journal and Impact Factor: 8.593)
- Castillo, J. A., Bryson, D., Divakaran, P. K. P., and Xiong, J. (2022). Using employee-generated content from digital platforms to understand the luxury culture. Strategic Change, 31(3), 295–303. (2** ABS Journal)
- Z. Hu, H. Ma, J. Xiong, P. Gao and Divakaran, P.K.P. (2022). Convergence or Divergence: A Computational Text Analysis of Stakeholder Concerns on Manufacturing Upgrading in China. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. (3*** ABS/ 3*** FNEGE/2** CNRS Journal and Impact Factor: 6.146)
- Li, Y., Ma, H., Xiong, J., Zhang, J. and Divakaran, P.K.P. (2022). Manufacturing structure, transformation path, and performance evolution: An industrial network perspective. Socio-Economic Planning Sciences. (2** ABS Journal and Impact Factor: 4.923)
- Divakaran P.K.P (2018). Technology-enabled community data for gaining pre-release brand insights. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Vol. 127, pp. 217-226. . (3*** ABS/ 2** FNEGE/2** CNRS Journal and Impact Factor: 8.593)
- Divakaran P.K.P (2017). Idea Generation Communities: When Should Host Firms Intervene? Journal of Business Strategy, Vol. 38 Iss 6 (2** ABS Journal)
- Divakaran P.K.P (2017). The netnographic method as early warning: Linking antecedents of pre-release behavior of technology-enabled community to future market trends. Technological Forecasting & Social Change, Vol. 125, pp. 245-257. (3*** ABS/ 2** FNEGE/2** CNRS Journal and Impact Factor: 8.593)
- Divakaran P.K.P, Palmer A, Søndergaard H. A., & Matkovskyy, R (2017), Pre-launch prediction of market performance for short lifecycle products using online community data. Journal of Interactive Marketing, Vol. 38, Pg 12-28. (3*** ABS/ 2** FNEGE/2** CNRS Journal and Impact Factor: 6.258).
- Divakaran, P. K. P., & Nørskov, S. (2016). Are online communities on par with experts in the evaluation of new movies? Evidence from the Fandango community. Information Technology & People, 29(1), 120-145. (ABS 3*** and Impact Factor: 4.238)
- Divakaran P.K.P (2016). When users offer up ideas: how to evaluate them. Journal of Business Strategy, Vol. 37 Iss 5 pp. 32 – 38 (2** ABS Journal)
- Divakaran, P. K.P., (2012). Pre-release member participation as potential predictors of post-release community members’ adoption behaviour: evidence from the motion picture industry. Behaviour & Information Technology, 1-15. (ABS 2** and Impact Factor: 3.156)
- Divakaran, P. K. P. (2012), Effects of New Product Preannouncements on Web 2.0 Based Consumption Communities and their Significance. IEM International Journal of Management and Technology, 2(2), 91-95.
Presentations of Refereed Papers
- Divakaran, P. K. P. (2016). Minimizing the Dilemma Caused by Mixed Online Customer Ratings in Online Communities. Academy of Management (Divisional Paper session) on August 5-9 in Anaheim, California.
- Divakaran, P. K. P. (2016). How online community data can be used to understand and measure brand equity before product release. Academy of World Business Marketing and Management Development (AWBMAMD) Conference, Cracow, Poland on July 18-21 2016.
- Divakaran, P. K. P. (2016). Exploring how retailer-based stockist brand equity is formed in the absence of any brand building activities. 10th International Days of Statistics and Economics, Prague, September 8-10, 2016.Divakaran, Pradeep (2014). Community-aided brand concept maps: a new approach for eliciting brand association networks. The 8th International Days of Statistics and Economics, Prague, Czech Republic, September 11 – 13 2014, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Divakaran, Pradeep (2014). The effects of mixed online customer reviews: the moderating role of brand equity and expert reviews. ATINER (Athens Institute for Education and Research) – 12th Annual Conference on Marketing, Athens, Greece, June 30 – July 3 2014, Athens, Greece.
- Divakaran, P. K. P., Nørskov, S., & Waldstrøm, C (2012). Innovation ideas and their social networks in user communities. European Academy of Management (EURAM) at Rotterdam, Netherlands, June 6-8, 2012
- Divakaran, P. K. P., Nørskov, S., & Waldstrøm, C (2012). Using idea-networks and their early network-patterns in online communities as a screening method at the fuzzy front of innovation. 10th Annual International Open and User Innovation conference at Harvard Business School, USA, July 30 – Aug 1, 2012.
- Divakaran, P. K. P. (2012). Effects of New Product Preannouncements on Web 2.0 Based Consumption Communities and their Significance. IEMCON 2012: Technical and Managerial Innovation in Computing and Communications in Industry and Academia, Science City, Kolkata, India, August 18 & 19, 2012.
- Divakaran, Pradeep (2010). Understanding pre-release user activities in online communities and it’s antecedents: a netnographic approach. 8th annual international open and user innovation workshop, Cambridge, United States of America.
- Divakaran, Pradeep (2010). Using online community for pre-release market evaluation of motion pictures. 2010 Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Montreal, Canada.
- Divakaran, Pradeep (2009). The ability of online communities for predicting market performance of new product concepts. 7th annual international open and user innovation workshop, Hamburg, Germany.
- Divakaran, Pradeep (2008). Exploring how user communities facilitate entrepreneurial processes. User and Open Innovation, Harvard, United States of America.