This programme prepares managers and business leaders for scenarios that are rapidly changing, with the addition of new technologies and practices where we need to understand more than ever:
- The human factor, iNSIGHT
- The geopolitical context, iNTERNATIONAL
- The nuances and opportunities of digital business, iNTELLIGENCE
- The creation of new business models and services, iNNOVATION
- The methods to generate societal and organizational value, iMPACT
This programme is designed to be the highest in value for money of all triple accredited institutions. The curriculum, specifically crafted to reflect the current needs of business leaders, is delivered by an international faculty composed of experts and high-level academics using the most advanced pedagogical methods, including working in virtual teams, case studies, hands-on simulations and two unique eye-opening field trips.
Exposure to innovation will be a constant in this programme. In addition to courses on innovative business solutions and tools, you will explore the unique entrepreneurial and pioneering environment of a thriving European capital: Lisbon.
An adventure and impact trip to Africa will give you a current view on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) problematic so you can explore the human, business and societal factors at interplay. As part of the iMBA you will work in a project to apply a business idea to solve one of the United Nations SDG. Business leaders must understand the needs and ways to do well in business while doing good for society, generating a positive impact on their bottom line in combination with producing societal value.
Dr. Dieter VANWALLEGHEM
Through this unique learning and experiential journey, you will be able to:
- Acquire knowledge, concepts and tools at different functional levels of the corporation to approach business questions
- Analyse and synthesize across business functions to set out an overall strategic direction for the corporation
- Understand your own sense of purpose, meaning and worldview as a corporate leader
- Use emotional intelligence to apprehend and collaborate effectively in the face of others’ sense of purpose meaning and worldview
- Acquire business intelligence tools and the necessary skills and know-how to apply them to everyday business problems
- Understand AI innovations and how to translate them into business opportunities
- Analyse and synthesize social and environmental impact, both primary and secondary, on corporate activities
- Negotiate between conflicting stakeholders and their demands, suggesting, defending and implementing a proposition maximizing shared value
- Get a strong sense of different cultural identities, sensitivities and value systems and shows respect and tolerance towards them
- Collaborate effectively and efficiently in a multicultural environment
- Understand innovation for optimal business functioning and their impact and translate fundamental innovation into new business approaches
The Five i Dimensions
This programme is articulated along five distinctive dimensions that cover essential traits and areas of knowledge that a business leader must possess to thrive in challenging and fast-moving environments. As you can see, business is not what it used to be.
iNTERNATIONAL class environment, with colleagues coming from all corners of the world and business functions, so the teaching takes into consideration the different world views, cultural biases, and business knowledge that your peers and professors will bring to the classroom environment.
iNTELLIGENCE driven tools and business solutions shape organizations and allow to make sense of the wealth of information and complexity that surround us, so an understanding of AI concepts and applications to the real world is fundamental for you as a business leader.
iNSIGHT about yourself, your hidden strengths, communication and management style will allow you to become a more effective team leader. Leading others starts by knowing one´s and others´ biases and psychological processes influencing individual and collective decision-making.
iNNOVATION lies at the core of this programme, enabling you to look at today´s challenges in an unframed way, because complex problems require innovative thinking. Exploration of a start-up and inventive ecosystem in a European capital and world experts brought to class will bring you fresh and out of the box perspectives to apply in your own business or at a large or small organization.
iMPACT the world around you using the knowledge acquired: your own company or start-up, your organization and the wider society. You will acquire a unique view on matters that affect not only the bottom line, but also how to take into consideration the impact of decisions using other measures such as the triple bottom line to improve company performance generating solutions that provide benefit beyond the boardroom.